Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tex

As I said earlier, I'm in some mood for good westerns. I, like most Italians, grew up reading the king of all western comics, Tex. I remembered that I did some cool sketch of Tex for a jam on the Drawing Board last year and decided to find and share the pic.

Tex (last name: Willer), was created by Gianluigi Bonelli (father of the actual owner of Bonelli Editore, the publisher of Dylan Dog, Nathan Never, and Martin Mystere, just to name few) and Aurelio Galeppini in the far 1948.

In strips first, and in comicbook format later (since 1958), Tex has been one (if not the one) of the most popular comics loved by several generations of reader and started what it became the "Italian" format or standard for comicbooks. Tex is a ranger that has been in thousands adventures since 1948 with his pards: Kit Carson, Tiger Jack (a native american) and his son Kit.

No comments: